The Kalash symbolically represents creation. The vacant pot, symbolizes earth, and the water filled symbolizes the primordial water from which life began on earth. It is filled with water (preferably the water of holy Ganga, any sacred river or clean, running water). Its top open end holds betel or mango leaves and a red-yellow sanctified thread (kalawa or mauli) is tied around its neck. This kalash is placed on the pujavedi (worship dais or table) near the idols or pictures of the deity. It is placed facing the North, in the center. This positioning signifies balance; balance that one needs to achieve success in every walk of life. Often it is topped by a coconut or a deepak and kept on the sacred Vedic swastika symbol or a Vedic swastika is drawn on it by using wet vermillion, sandal-wood powder and turmeric.
The mango leaves represent the life forms. And coconut a product from the life forms is again filled with water symbolically representing endless cycle and the single thread that runs in all of us When devas and asuras churned the ocean to obtain the immortality nectar,it is said that the nectar appeared in a kalasha. Thus, it also symbolizes immortality. The water in the kalasha is also used during the consecration of temples and is known as kumbabhisheka and it involves pouring water from several kalashas.
A kalasha is an important accompaniment in puja rituals, housewarming, wedding, while receiving important dignitaries, during festive occasions and as a welcome sign at the entrance of houses.
Design: Made of pure copper.
Copper is well known for its grasping capacity. It grasps the divine spirit (sattvikta) upto 30%, when compared to other metals. Copper can destroy bad spirits like Raj & Tam (i.e. darkness & bad behavior). The spiritual vibrations are attracted towards copper items easily. Just as copper has the ability to absorb the sattvik frequencies of deities, it has also capacity of transmitting them. Thus it becomes rich in divinity in a short period.
Dimensions: 5.25 inches (H) x 4.5 inches (top diameter)
Weight: 330 gms
- FREE Standard Shipping for all Orders!
- All orders shipped within 24-48 hrs for your convenience and maximum efficiency.
- Your product will arrive within 5 to 7 Business Days.
- We offer a 100% Satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Please contact us for return requests.
Why Buy From Us We carefully select products that contribute to your Puja and Homam. We thoroughly research the product delivers the optimum benefits and we pick high quality puja items and ingredients to make sure it will live up to our standards.
Here are just a few reasons why buy from us:
- We have partnered well know international courier services like DHL / FEDEX / UPS to ship your order. That means you will be receiving your enhancing products by one of the best online retailers in existence from somewhere near you.
- Secure Ordering available
- Lowest pricing and free shipping available online
- Courteous, knowledgeable and professional support
- Tons of satisfied customers
- Quality brand name all authentic puja products. You will love our products.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- All items in stock & ready to ship.
- Everyone that uses our products, comes back for more. We must be doing something right!
The bottom line is we love our customers, and our customers love our products!